Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Presidential Inauguration Day - 2009


I did not eat today, until after the Inauguration. My thought was that the inauguration of America's 44th President - Barack Obama was something that I would never see in my lifetime. I did not want to take a chance and choke on my breakfast and miss the whole thing! Think about how many people died before noon today. They didnt get to witness the swearing in of our 1st African American President. I spent the day creating a video diary of my self and my family and how we spent the day. In the future when someone asks where i was on this day, I can just hand them a flash drive. My emotions ran the gammut today, from highly elevated excitement to sheer nervousness, to the surreal. I felt many things, but mainly I felt pride. I had an extra little pep in my step today. I did EVERYthing with pride today. I cried when I listened to Rick Warren's prayer. I smiled when I saw The President and First Lady get out of the car and walk. I laughed with joy when they showed the footage live from Kenya with thousand of people celebrating their native son. I screamed when he raised his right hand!! Mr. President Obama looked so dashing and suave, but also strong, confident and determined. His vibe was very evident. First Lady Michelle...omg! What an elegant and lovely woman she is. Her demeanor is submissive, the way she looks at him, it is also strong...that is HER man, and she has his ear and his back before any other...The adminstration needs to recognize that imo. Michelle is a very well versed, educated and intelligent Black woman. She is not to be messed with....believe that. My husband expressed it this way, "Babe? It's 2009... We are in our 40's, aaand we got a Black President! What the????" LMAO When my daughter came home from school, she said, "Mommy, I think I will be the first black FEMALE president!" And she can be. SHE can be. she CAN be. I am emotionally exhausted. In the eloquent words of Ms. Erykah Badhu... "Oh what a day...What a day, what a day..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments that include links will not be approved. ~Peace