Monday, February 20, 2012

5 Styles in 10 Days with Curls Unleashed

Organic Roots Stimulator has added a new curl care line to its bevvy of products!  Curls Unleashed was launched at Fro Fashion Week Spring 2012.  I was invited to give the products a try and I am happy to report that I was very pleased with it.  I dont believe that using a product one time with just one style can give you a total and fair review so I worked this line out.  I did 5 styles in 10 days. I have thin type kinky and curly 4a hair.  See for yourself the the specific product that I used, the style and the results that I got.

These are the Curls Unleashed products that I used:
Lavish in Lather Sulfate Free Shampoo
No Boundaries Leave In Conditioner
Take Command Curl Creme
Second Chance Curl Refresher
Let It Flow Shine & Define Mouse (gave this to my mom to try)

Day 1 ~ Wash N Go
I started by giving my hair a nice wash with Lavish in Lather Sulfate Free Shampoo.  The name they gave this poo is very appropriate.  It gave a very nice lather which scared me at first, but it did not leave my hair feeling stripped at all.  It left my hair feeling good & smelling wonderful. (I used my own conditioner after the poo)

To achieve this Wash N Go I cocktailed the No Boundaries Leave In Conditioner & the Take Command Curl Creme.  On totally damp hair I applied the No Boundaries leave in from root to tip and then shingled in the Take Command Curl Cream.  I sealed with jojoba oil and let it air dry.  I noticed no difference in the amount of shrinkage that I experienced.  This product DID NOT DRY CRUNCHY!!  You all know that I am Wash N Go girl so this made me very happy.  As you can see it left my curls looking very shiny & healthy and feeling moisturized and soft to the touch.

Day 3 ~ Two Strand Twists
After touching and smelling the Second Chance Curl Refresher, I thought I'd try it for a 2 strand twist.  I finger parted through my wash n go with just a dab of this product on my fingers for each twist.  Again, great smelling product and not sticky at all.  My twists were still soft.




Day 4 ~ Bantu Knots
I took a little bit of the No Boundaries Leave In Conditioner (about a dime size) and smoothed it into my twists on this day.  I decided to throw some Bantu Knots in.


Day 5 ~ Bantu Knots Unraveled
I unraveled the knots, but not the twists on this day.




Day 6 - 10 ~ Twist Out
I took the twists out on day 6.  These pics are on day 10, so this is a 4 day old twist out.  I used the No Boundaries Leave In Conditioner this time to add moisture to my edges and pulled my hair back with a barette. My hair still smells as fresh as it did on day one, and is still soft to the touch.





I really like this product for my hair.  I will definitely be using the Curls Unleashed line again and hope to try the No Restrictions Moisturizing Conditioner next time.

Have you tried this line yet?

Thanks for reading.

Peace :-)

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to try the product line but the curl isn't define much in the pics on day 6-10.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last pics are of a 4 day old Twist out (day 10) I think my curls look great! Good Luck with the products. Thanks for reading and for taking the time to leave a comment.

      Peace

      Delete
  2. Just bought the leave in and the jelly. Love it so far! Where can I buy one of those circular barettes you are wearing on day 6? Text it to me;)

    Shonda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments that include links will not be approved. ~Peace