Thursday, December 23, 2010

Total Lunar Eclipse

My kids and I were fortunate to be able to partially witness a Total Lunar Eclipse on 12/21/2010.  In the wee hours of the morning, my son and daughter and I bundled up, placed blankets on the lawn and laid out there with our cameras to see what we could see.  We watched off and on from about 1:00am to 3:15am.  Overall it was a very cloudy night and we missed a lot of it.  But we got a real good glimpse of the beginning of the eclipse. My daughter marvelled at the brightness of the full moon.  My son expressed amazement at the entire concept of planets moving.  From what I have read, there hasn't been a Total Lunar Eclipse in the Northern Winter Solstice since 1638.  Check out Wikipedia to Learn More... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_2010_lunar_eclipse#Local_times

Witnessing the awesome power of the Creator with my kids, was a true blessing and celebration. 
...Laying on the lawn & being weird in our hood...creating memories...Priceless

Winter Solstice






Thanks for reading!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments that include links will not be approved. ~Peace