Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pretty Girl Rocks! Jewelry Making Parties

Pretty Girl Rocks Parties by Ayana Glaze, LLC are jewelry making parties for girls age 5 to 17. Girls get to design and make a custom bracelet with gemstones, glass, wood and other beads and embellishments.

I had the pleasure of hosting my very 1st Pretty Girl Rocks party for my daughter and I cannot begin to express the fun we had!  Ms. Ayana was punctual and very patient and engaging with the children. 

There were 6 girls gathered in my home for my daughters 9th Birthday Slumber Party. 

The jewelry making party lasted for approx 2 hours.  It was a fantastic way to break the ice for some of the girls that didnt know one another.  Ms. Ayana came in with all of her supplies and set up the table before we brought the girls in.

When they came in and saw all of the shiny baubles their faces lit up! 
I KNEW we were gonna have a good time!!!

Ms. Ayana started by introducing herself and followed by explaining what we would be doing. 


She then allowed each girl to choose between a pink or purple satin bag.  She explained to them the importance of storing jewelry to preserve it. 






The PGR jewelry making party was also very educational.  We learned about stones and minerals and how they are colored and formed.  It was very hands on.  The girls enjoyed being able to touch everything. 



We designed our own jewelry. 

At the end we got to keep our bracelets!


If you are looking for something fun and different to do, check out Pretty Girl Rocks ~ Jewelry Making Parties for Girls & Women.

Links:
PGR Website
PGR on FaceBook

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Oh WOW! This looks so fun. I am sure that the kids had a great time. I need to host me one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments that include links will not be approved. ~Peace